Monday, September 8, 2008

Blood:Water Mission...Getting Students Involved


I spent a portion of my day today getting ready to promote a cause that our student ministry is supporting. We are making a push to raise money for the blood:water organization. You can find their website at http://www.bloodwatermission.com/ . They are committed to digging 1000 wells of clean water in 1000 African communities. I am so excited about getting our students involved in causes - we don't just take mission trips to get involved, we have causes that we emphasize all through out the year. This month we are challenging our students to do a 2 week sacrifice - Go 2 weeks drinking only water, and take the money that they would have spent on any other soft drink or coffee, etc... and put it towards the cause. I am anticipating awesome results not only in the money raised, but the growth we will see in our students!

We are seeking to make them aware of these issues:
Millions of Africans lack access to clean water, but we have to power to do something about it!
People living with HIV/AIDS are dependent on clean water to survive! $1 provides one year of clean water for an African!

2 comments:

Jeremy Isaacs said...

awesome idea man. Keep us posted. I would love to hear what your students are able to do...

Jeremy

Anonymous said...

Awesome! This is really great. Thanks a lot for this kinda work. I loved it.
www.reducedprinting.com