
This morning I was watching Good Morning America as I was getting ready. There was heavy reporting on everything going on in the economy and the bail out rejection, and what is going to happen next... The reporter had an almost frantic air about him as he reported and interviewed from Wall Street, and I remember the member of congress that he was interviewing at one point even telling him to calm down...
I think it could be easy for everyone to fall into a state of panic lately...especially when you read articles like these, and realize the uncertainty of things ahead...
BAILOUT PLAN REJECTED, MARKETS PLUNGE
Wall Street Journal
Full Article here: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122270285663785991.html
"...The House of Representatives defeated the White House's historic $700 billion financial-rescue package -- a stunning turn of events that sent the stock market into a tailspin and added to concerns that the U.S. faces a prolonged recession if the legislation isn't revived. The Dow Jones Industrial Average sustained its biggest point drop in history and its biggest closing decline since the day the markets re-opened after the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks..."
News reports, articles, debates, politics...lately it's gotten a little overwhelming.
This is what I'm holding to:
Phil 4:19-20 "And my God shall supply all your needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus."
Is the church stepping up from the pulpit with reassurance that we serve a God that provides?
Is the church delivering messages that raise faith?
In times of economic uncertainty and fear, are we reminding people about the incredible God that we serve that is committed to take care of His own?
This video is a thought from Francis Chan. He brings out an awesome principal in the Word as he talks about the prayer that Americans refuse to pray. Check it out here:
The safest place that our lives, finances, families, homes, etc... can be is in the hands of God. In this time where our economy is shaky, where is your dependence? Is it in yourself and what you can manage with your own two hands, or is it in Almighty God?
2 comments:
I am totally on board with this. God said in His word that we not to worry about tomorrow for it will worry for itself. I completely rely on God in every area of life and I actually preached a message close to this topic and I actually used some of your points from a message you spoke on heart attacks. Life is so much better when we get our focus off the problems and put them on the promises. That's my prayer...sustain me through this economic disaster with your promises, God. Jared, I'm enjoying your posts!
Awesome. The safest place our life can be is in the hands of God... our families, finances, friendships, futures... Our trust can't be in anyone or anything else! I am REALLY learning that lesson this year!
Post a Comment