Friday, August 29, 2008

Craig Groeschel's Unusual Time Saving Tips

One of my favorite blogs to read is Swerve (you can find it in my blog roll). It is an incredible leadership blog. I wanted to second a piece by Craig Groeschel, the senior pastor of LifeChurch.tv, and the driving force behind Swerve's leadership. He posted a series of "unusual time saving tips" - and I loved this one! Partly because I was already doing it! Reading this made me feel pretty good that I looked at lunch in the same light as Craig Groeschel.

Check it out:

Let’s Have Lunch in My Office
Eating out can be a huge time waster. (I’m not saying that having a nice, long lunch isn’t occasionally important, necessary, or enjoyable.) Travel time to many restaurants takes 15 to 30 minutes (or more). Many restaurant meals can take 45 minutes to an hour. A simple lunch can easily eat an hour and a half of your day.
I suggest some other options:
If you don’t have a lunch appointment, consider bringing lunch from home. Not only can you save money but also time. You can eat in a few minutes in your office and continue working.
If you don’t have a lunch appointment and didn’t bring your lunch, you might ask another team member to bring you a sandwich if he or she is going out.
If someone invites you to lunch, you might suggest they join you in your office. If you have an assistant, he or she can grab lunch for you; or you can order-in for delivery. You can spend 45 minutes or an hour of quality time with someone without leaving your office. (If you invite someone to lunch, you’ll probably prefer to honor them and travel to a place that is convenient for them.)


It really does save a lot of time (and money for that matter) through out the week! I also use it as time for personal growth - reading articles, finding new insights and ideas.

No comments: