Every year I brace for a season of ministry I refer to as "the marathon." It usually starts in February, preparing for early spring conferences, and ends when school starts again in August... Between now and then there is little stopping... conferences, graduations, camps, retreats, summer events, leadership training, discipleship, community outreaches, mission trips, speaking engagements... sandwiched in is family time and vacation in there somewhere...
This year the marathon kicked off with our Sonfest event in Orlando. It was a great conference for the teens, and an awesome time for everyone in general. Now, the dust is settling from that event, and I am looking at a long list of what is to come. Exciting? Yes. Exhausting? Yes. Worth it? You bet. I'll catch a break in September when the world of youth ministry snuggles back into the groove of fall, school, sports, and the "regular" schedule. Until then, its time to keep pace for whats ahead this spring and summer. I find that this time of year, I can see more growth in the life of a student that at any other time. Whether it be at a youth camp, small group outing, mission trip, back to school retreat, or just hanging at the office because they have nothing better to do with the summer day... its time to capitalize on every opportunity... and rest later.
Those of you in student ministry know what I'm talkin about. Make the most of it!
1 comment:
You came to Orlando? Bro, next time you are in my neck of the woods.....give me a holla! Maybe we can meet up and get something to eat next time.
Post a Comment